☕️Sippin’ Sunday: Sometimes You Have to Say Yes Before You Feel Ready

​There are moments in life that make your stomach do flips.

Not because something is wrong…but because something just might change everything.

When I was asked to bring Wrap & Rise Mobile Craft Parties to APCO International, I was excited.

I was also terrified.

Wrap & Rise has always been about gathering people together around a table. Birthday parties. Friends. Families. Community.

An international conference with more than 5,000 attendees?

That wasn’t exactly in my business plan.

I questioned myself more than once.

Could we handle it?

Would people participate?

Would they think it was silly?

Would anyone even stop by?

Then something happened.

One person sat down.

Then another.

Before long, hundreds of people were creating bracelets, bookmarks, and keychains.

More importantly, they were smiling.

Talking.

Laughing.

Taking a breath.

Many of them told us they just needed a place to slow down.

In careers where they spend every day responding to someone else’s emergency, they appreciated having a space where nothing was expected of them except to create.

That was the moment I realized something.

I thought I was bringing crafts.

What I was really bringing was permission.

Permission to pause.

Permission to reconnect.

Permission to simply enjoy being creative for a few minutes.

By the end of the conference, somewhere between 500 and 600 people had visited our Creative Corner.

But the biggest thing I walked away with wasn’t a number.

It was clarity.

Sometimes we build a business thinking we know exactly what it is.

Then life gives us an opportunity that stretches our thinking.

Wrap & Rise isn’t just a mobile craft party.

It’s an experience.

It’s community.

It’s wellness.

It’s connection.

It’s a reminder that creativity isn’t just for artists—it’s for everyone.

This experience also reminded me of something else.

Growth almost always lives on the other side of discomfort.

If I had let fear make the decision, I would have missed one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had as a business owner.

Instead, I said yes.

And that one yes introduced me to hundreds of incredible people, opened doors I never expected, and showed me possibilities I hadn’t even imagined.

As I sip my coffee this Sunday, I’m reminded that sometimes we don’t need another perfectly written business plan.

Sometimes we just need enough courage to take the next step.

Because you never know which “yes” will change the direction of your journey.

So here’s my question for you this week…

What’s one opportunity you’ve been talking yourself out of because it feels too big?

Maybe it’s time to take the leap.

You might surprise yourself.

☕ Happy Sippin’ Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flex Friday: The Quiet Close 🎄

✨Blogger Post: Weekend Wrap-Up – Market Magic & Backyard Love✨

☕ Sippin’ Sunday: One Year In