☕️ Sippin’ Sunday: If You’re Thinking About the Holidays…You Should Be
It may still be hot outside, but if you’re a small business owner, somewhere in your brain it is already November.
At least that’s how it feels for me.
The holidays may seem far away, but this is the time I start thinking about them.
Not because I want to rush the season.
Not because I’m ready for Christmas music in August.
But because holiday prep takes time.
I’m already thinking about what products make good gifts.
What can be bundled together.
What inventory I need to reorder.
What packaging I want to use.
What signage needs to be updated.
What markets I want to participate in.
What sold well last year.
And maybe just as important…what I do not want to repeat.
That part matters.
Every season teaches you something.
There are products you thought would fly off the table that barely moved.
There are things you almost didn’t make that customers loved.
There are packaging ideas that looked cute but took way too much time.
There are products that were great individually but made even more sense as part of a gift set.
That is the kind of stuff I’m paying attention to now.
Because holiday prep is not really about rushing.
It is about giving yourself enough time to be thoughtful.
I would much rather spend August and September asking questions, testing ideas, and figuring out what makes sense than wait until November and suddenly realize I need everything at once.
That is how mistakes happen.
That is how quality gets rushed.
That is how we end up buying things we do not actually need because we are trying to solve a problem at the last minute.
And if there is one thing I am learning in this business, it is that being busy and being prepared are not the same thing.
Preparation gives you room to make better decisions.
It gives you time to look at your inventory and figure out what deserves to come back.
It gives you time to build gift sets that actually feel thoughtful instead of just putting random things in a box.
It gives you time to make sure your packaging reflects your brand.
And hopefully, it gives you a little breathing room when the holiday rush actually arrives.
I do not have every detail figured out yet.
And I do not think I need to.
The goal right now is simply to start thinking.
What do I want the holiday season to look like for Rise Up Designs?
What do I want customers to be able to find easily?
What would make gift giving feel simple and fun?
What do I need to order now so I am not scrambling later?
Those are the questions I am asking.
Because the goal is not to have everything finished today.
The goal is to start now so November-me is not mad at August-me.
So if you own a small business and the holidays have started creeping into the back of your mind…
You are not early.
You are right on time.
☕ Happy Sippin’ Sunday.
Comments
Post a Comment